- ATA Tennis Director Kristin Godridge on
- (m) 9104 7839
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- ATA Head Tennis Manager Toby Clark
- (m) 9646 3760
Yours in tennis,
Kristin Godridge & Toby Clark & James Doherty
Harrow / ATA Tennis Director & Harrow ATA Head Coaches
Kristin Godridge is ATA Tennis Director & ATA Tennis at Harrow Tennis Director
with a passion for tennis and a multitude of experience is a well known international tennis identity, with strong personal links within Tennis Australia and both the WTA and ATP tours. At the age of 17yrs Kristin was the Number 1 ranked junior female tennis player in the world and went onto the internationally tennis circuit
Highest Junior ITF World Ranking – 1
Highest WTA Singles ranking in the world – Top 60
Highest WTA doubles ranking in the world – Top 50
Her knowledge in coaching and running international junior tennis programs has made ATA one of the leading tennis providers in Asia. ATA is proud to be building Harrow Tennis Stars
Toby Clark (GBR) – HKFC Head Tennis Professional – ATA Management
Background: Toby is a former International circuit player in juniors and seniors. He represented Great Britain in juniors, for British Universities, and for the International Club of Great Britain.
Experience: During his time in the United Kingdom; he held a position as a Lead Coach for 7.5 years at the Wimbledon, All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club venue of the Grand Slam. He also worked as a Tennis Manager for 4.5 years at one of London’s largest public tennis facilities. Toby has had a wide range of work experience in the sporting field, worked as an exercise physiologist, in event management and athlete representation. He has also coached in Europe and Australia.
Qualification: LTA CCA -Performance Coach Qualification, Degree in Sport and exercise science, post grad CAM diploma in Communications. US Boot CampTrainer Certification.
ATA Work Specialty: Coaching both adults and junior players, Marketing, Tennis Programme Management.
INTRODUCING ATA’s – ELITE HK HEAD COACH & COACHING TEAM for harrow hk
JAMES DOHERTY – one of hong kong’s leading tennis coaches
James is experienced in all levels of coaching having nurtured club tennis players through their tennis careers as well as working with top UK Juniors and ATP tour professionals. Pushing beginner to elite junior players into transitioning from school tennis to elite competitive tennis has always been an area of coaching James has favoured as he strongly believes that every junior with enough focus has the potential to take the competitive scene by storm.
Actively competing on the HK competitive Tennis Scene as an A+ player.
James is a leader in the game and is a fantastic motivator.
He is looking forward to working with all of the Harrow HK Tennis players.
ATA Tennis @ Harrow HK Tennis pathways are paving the way for strong Harrow Tennis Players
The new academic year will bring an even greater range of competition, with the diversity of events on offer expanding again even further. No dates have yet been set, below is a list of events to be expected:
Red/ Orange/ Green / Yellow Ball Mini Events and Tournament round robin events.
Red/ Orange/ Green ball knockout & Teams Event Tournament
Yellow ball knockout Competition 2-6pm
Yellow ball doubles competition
Parent Child Challenge for all ages and abilities
Red Ball inter-Harrow team matchplay
Orange ball inter-Harrow team matchplay
Green ball inter-Harrow team matchplay
Yellow ball inter-Harrow team matchplay
Harrow HK challenge match vs other ATA venues
*Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Online sign up for these events will be emailed out closer to the event time.
ATA / HARROW HK RED BALL
- Ages 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 years
- New & Developing Player
- Red Ball (75% slower than a normal ball)
- 36″ Court
- ATA Racquet Size 19″. 21″, 23″
- The ATA Red Ball junior tennis development program teaches players the fundamental tennis hand eye visual acuity, co-ordination skills, confident movement and a strong tennis technique foundation. With the use of modified equipment / balls and mini nets depending on squad level. ATA coaches install a love of the game. Participation is super fun for all players.
ATA / HARROW HK ORANGE BALL
- Ages 7-8, 9-10 years
- Level 1 & Level 2
- Orange Ball (50% slower than a normal ball)
- 60″ Court
- ATA Racquet Size 23″, 25″
- ATA Junior Orange Ball junior development program is on a mini net on half court.This program environment is suitable for young experienced players and slightly older experienced players with technical competency, semi confident and confident rallying skills in preparation for the green ball pathway. Fostering a strong technique, understanding spins, tactical skills and sportsmanship taught to all players. All juniors will benefit from participating in this program as it fosters a strong sense of comradery, confidence between players and love of the game. Participation is super fun for all players.
ATA / HARROW HK GREEN BALL
- Ages 9-10, 11-13 years
- Fast Track – New/Inexperienced Player
- Green – Intermediate Level
- Green Ball (25% slower than a normal ball)
- Full Court
- ATA Racquet Size 26″, 27″
- ATA Junior Green ball Program caters to players ready to expand to mor advanced movement, swing, tactical patterns with the emphasis on skill based, matchplay learning.
- A strong emphasis is placedon serving technique, full court matchplay and a constant competitive intensity.
ATA / HARROW HK YELLOW BALL
- Ages 11-13, 14 -16+ years
- Intermediate & Advanced Levels.
- Teenagers on the Move
- Performance B
- Performance A
- Yellow Ball
- Full court
- ATA Racquet Size 26″, 27″, Full Adult rackets
- We hit three clear levels in our yellow ball junior program.
- Intermediate & Advanced Levels – older player that has fundamental tennis skills yet have yet master matchplay and compete.
- Teenagers on the move – social players who are taking up tennis older and want a fun sporty enviroment that welcomes their progression path.
- Performance A & B – High performance, competitive level.
- All of the above programs use yellow balls and full court. The difference between the 3 programs is the players current ability, mindset and skill level.
I am not sure about my child’s schedule for this term what should I do?
If you are not yet sure of your child’s schedule for Term 3 2021, we highly recommend that you sign up now for their preferred lesson time and we can work with you to move them to a class day and time that suits you once your schedule is confirmed in the next few weeks.
Please be aware that classes fill up fast due to limited availability.
Due to long waiting lists for some class times we strongly encourage you to complete the online enrolment for Harrow / ATA Tennis CCA Lessons Term 3 2021 NOW in order to avoid disappointment and to secure your child’s spot for this term.
If you need some additional guidance and would like to speak to our HARROW / ATA tennis coaching team please feel free to contact Head of ATA Tennis Kristin Godridge (9104 7839) or ATA Head Coach James Doherty (7074 8215).
REMINDER: ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO ENROL FOR TERM 3 2021.
To enrol you need to:
1) Select your child’s preferred, lesson day and time
2) Enter your child’s name, contact details, current year group & class/house
3) Press submit to enrol
When and how do I pay?
You will be invoiced for Harrow/ATA CCA Tennis lessons directly by Harrow International School Hong Kong and not by ATA Tennis.
Enrolment in Harrow/ATA CCA Tennis lessons is on a term basis for both group and private classes. Your enrolment and child’s attendance at their first group and/or private lesson is your acceptance of these term fees detailed above.
If you are unable to complete your enrolment by using the online enrolment process provided please contact us at email@example.com.
LUNCHTIME CLASSES – Lower school pupils will be escorted to the dining room after lunchtime lessons with sufficient time to eat lunch. They will be supervised in the dining room by Harrow/ATA coaches.
WET WEATHER – In the event of rain classes will still be on and will be moved undercover to one of the indoor courts. If you are unsure please contact your coach on the day.
MAKE UP LESSONS – If your child misses a lesson due to illness, school excursion or wet weather (if no indoor courts are available) a makeup class can be arranged for a suitable, alternate date. Please contact your coach directly to arrange any makeup lessons.
Makeup lessons must to be arranged within the current term and cannot be carried forward to future terms.
WHAT TO BRING? Please bring along your Harrow School sports attire and racket. If you do not have a racket we do have rackets available that you can use at school.